Charlotte Running Club is honored to post the following on behalf of the American Cancer Society and their endurance program called Team DetermiNation.
They are currently searching for a coach to inspire and encourage athletes of all abilities to either half or full marathons this fall. Details below:
DETERMINATION RUN COACH for American Cancer Society – Charlotte, NC
The position of Run Coach is a contracted position that provides coaching services to participants for the American Cancer Society’s (ACS) DetermiNation Program. Athletes will be training and fundraising to complete either the Marine Corps Marathon (10/28/12) or the Rock ‘n Roll Savannah Marathon & 1/2 (11/3/12). The coaching contract will begin in May, 2012 and conclude on Tuesday, November 5, 2012.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Develop weekly training schedules for participants to run a half marathon or marathon at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Attend 6 Informational Meetings (to be scheduled in June 2012) to review and discuss the training program with potential participants.
- Assist with recruitment through contacts within the fitness market.
- Develop training courses and secure park permits, if necessary, with the help of staff from ACS.
- Lead group training sessions Saturday mornings over a 16 week training program.
- Establish water stops at appropriate mile markers along route for group training sessions.
- Each group training session is started with stretches and last minute information for a successful run training session.
- Ensure that all participants are supported throughout group training session. Coach is to stay until every person finishes safely.
- Organize clinics throughout the season to teach participants on correct clothing, shoes, hydration, stretching, race day preparation, etc. Guest speakers are highly encouraged.
- Be available for staff and participants weekly via email, phone and in person for any questions relating to training for a half marathon or marathon
- Assist staff and participants as necessary during event weekend (October 25 - 27, 2012) and ensure that all participants finish their race safely. All coaches on site event weekend to support all DetermiNation athletes for ACS
- Assist staff and participants as necessary during event weekend (November 1 - 3, 2012) and ensure that all participants finish their race safely. All coaches on site event weekend to support all DetermiNation athletes for ACS
- Athletic certification and/or 5 years of experience preferred
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to:
Event Manager, DetermiNation
If you're not interested in coaching, but want to help make a difference in the fight against cancer then please check out their info-sessions coming in June around the Charlotte area. DetermiNation - Charlotte